6.19 Replacement of essential water taken during fire fighting

CFA and DEPI fire fighters are empowered under legislation to take water from any waterway or water source on public or private land for firefighting purposes. Where water is taken for firefighting, the water owner can request (via their municipality) water replacement under the Victorian Government Essential Water Replacement Scheme. A copy of the scheme and how water owners can request replacement water can be found on the Department of Environment and Primary Industries website at www.DEPI.vic.gov.au/fires-and-emergencies

6.18 Registration

6.20 Role of Department of Human Services